- News & Events
- Aims and Objectives
Aims and Objectives
Date Published: 1 January, 1970
Last Updated: 10 November, 2014
- Educate the Visually Impaired children up to 18 years by supplying necessary Braille education materials; provide residential accommodation, tuition fees, stipends for day-scholars and medicines as and when required.
- Provide support for eye treatment to the children including surgical intervention free of cost to restore their eye sights.
- Ensure mental and cultural development of the V.I children and create appropriate recreational facilities for them within limited resources.
- Mapping of children/persons V.I beyond age 18 through comprehensive surveys. Impart basic rehabilitation training for rehabilitation of rural V.I persons through linkage and networking.
- Develop data base of V.I children/persons for the future.
- Arrange seminars, workshops, training for awareness building, blindness prevention and rehabilitation of V.I children/persons.